Sunday, May 6, 2012

Fingers crossed

So we have a tentative date for the embryo transfer. Tentative because it could change if the egg donor does not respond as she should to the hormone shots she will be taking. I have debated whether to share this info at all; what if it falls through? Worse, what if it doesn't, but I don't get pregnant? Worst case scenario, I get pregnant and lose the pregnancy. Eek. In the end, I decided to do the same thing we did with our own pregnancies. I know a lot of people wait until 12 weeks to ensure they have made it through the shaky first trimester before they share the news. I get that. It would be tough to have to go back and tell people that you lost a pregnancy after sharing the joyous news in the first place. However, our thought was that if we lost a baby, we would need all the love and support from our family and friends that we could get. Hence, the sharing of this date: June 11. About a month away. I REALLY hope that date sticks and I REALLY hope I get pregnant. It takes less than 2 weeks to find out if I am pregnant after the transfer and that will be a really long wait. But no longer than the almost 15 years that the intended parents have been waiting to complete their family :) I'll keep you posted!

1 comment:

  1. Prayers, love, positive juju and everything good coming your way! -Melinda

    ReplyDelete