Saturday, August 4, 2012

Birthday Boy Blog

3 years ago today I woke up at 5:00am with contractions. My first thought was "I knew it! I KNEW he was going to be born today!" My second thought was "I'd better let Russell sleep a little, he will be no good to me at this time of day." So I waited until 6 and then woke him up. Every year since, I have woken up at 5am on August 4th, without fail, today included. And I do let my hubby sleep until 6ish.  My birth with Roy was so amazing and beautiful, and I relive it each year and bawl my eyes out. I am such a sentimental sap like that.
So now here I am, pregnant with twins for someone else. What will this birth be like??? For me AND for them?? There will be a day that will forever change these parents, a day that they will remember for the rest of their lives. What will it be like to have your children brought into the world through someone else's efforts? Will there be jealousy or envy to some degree? Or will there just be pure love and joy? I'm not entirely sure, but after getting to know these parents over the last several months, I do know that the positive will outweigh the negative. They are such generous, loving people and I know that they are so thrilled that after years of heartache their family is that much closer to being completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment